Saturday, June 18, 2005

Astonishing X-Buffy Man Joss Whedon

Let me say first that even though I am an Artist Fan, I can be a Story Fan as well...But only sometimes.
In this case I am.
Joss Whedon is by far one totally...um... well astonishing writer.
But before we get into his X-Men run lets start off with his true claim to fame.
I didn't know Joss from beans but I did like a certain show he wrote.
It was about a Slayer of Vampires and other-worldly creatures.
It starred some chick from All My Children and basically told the story of this Slayer in a humorous but frightening way.
I must admit I missed the first couple of seasons but was drawn to all the rave reviews about "the show from hell".
Now I remember years before seeing this really cool movie about the same Slayer just different cast. I liked the movie enough to finally give the t.v. show a shot.
Well Buffy the Vampire Slayer turned out to be one of my fav shows and its off-spring Angel the same.
Years later we flash forward to Firefly, another show by this same guy but this one didn't fare to well.
Who knows why. No one really knows.
Now this same show is turning into a motion picture but changing its name to "Serenity".
Joss is also doing another major motion picture about another strong-willed woman who is so wonderful that we actually call her "Wonder Woman".
Now aside from all that, Joss is writing one hell of a story in the new X-Men title "Astonishing X-Men" with art by John Cassaday.
This comic is so freaking good that if you're not reading it then you need to do so pronto.
And my fav character from this new batch is the sweet and sassy Kitty Pryde, although the bitchy White Queen does come close.
The rest of the cast are Cyclops (Scott Summers), Wolverine (Logan-James Howlett), Beast (Hank McCoy), Colossus (Peter Rasputin) with Professor Charles Xavier making cameos and of course our two beautiful and strong women.
What is it about strong women that Joss can make them so lovable. It's some kind of gift, a talent that I for one am very proud to be able to experience.
Thank you Joss for letting me into your world and seeing things as you see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home