Sunday, June 12, 2005

Story fan or Artist fan

As I've stated in my previous blog, I am more of an Artist Fan then a Story Fan.
What do I mean you ask?
OK It's quite simple, you either buy comics for the story or you buy comics for the art.
Many debates have arose from this topic and I would like to know your thoughts.
I love a good story.
It brings me back for more.
Who is the mysterious figure in the shadows?
Who is the mastermind behind all our hero's woes?
How will our hero survive?
Yes the story is very important, this much I will give you.
But if first impressions are what most people live by, (and lets face it we take about 3 seconds to figure out if we like something whether it be a comic or our next mate or anything in our lives) then you have to agree that the art is just a wee bit more important.
How many comics did you pick up because the front cover was totally mind-blowing.
It grabbed you because of it's beauty.
It sucked you in with its charms.
You were caught off guard by its perfection.
Well that my friends is due to the amazing art work that was oh so pleasing to the eye.
Am I right or do you have a better answer.
And don't tell me it's the story that makes them come back for more, cause without them first picking up that comic, they would never get the chance to come back in the first place.
So please tell me I'm wrong.
Tell me you have a perfectly logical explanation as to why story is better than art.
I'm waiting.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home