Monday, June 20, 2005

And The Award Goes To....

George Lucas for not only being one of the most innovated filmmakers of our time but putting his family ahead of the Hollywood game.
I just finished watching the AFI Lifetime achievement Award and it was truly a touching and wonderful program based on the life of a truly inspiring individual.
The program started off with a bang as William Shatner came on stage for a Star Trek convention that went into a very funny "Star Trek vs. Star Wars" theme.
That William Shatner is really a funny guy.
But the best part of the night was Carrie Fisher and her one-liners that had me with tears in my eyes and snot running down my nose from laughter.
Her take on Princess Leia and the pains she went through were out in out some of the best stuff I've seen on t.v. for quite sometime.
For example she starts off by saying "hi I'm Mrs. Han Solo and I'm an alcoholic" so straight faced that she had the entire audience in an uproar.
She says that she hates George for owning her image because everytime she looks in a mirror she feels as if she has to send him a few bucks.
Or when she says that she hopes she slept with him to get the job because then who was that guy she slept with.
Everybody was very charming especially Harrison Ford who had to come up twice for Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
Of which he complained that both times George wanted someone else to star in the roles but settled for him.
Very charming and cute the whole segment was.
I'm sure that George will be up for an Oscar this year and maybe he might just win one.
Then I can really say,
And the award goes to............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home