Sunday, June 19, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust

Here I sit ready to write my next exciting chapter in what has become a national craze...Blogs!!!
I hear 40% of on-line users read blogs and I'm sure that will rise even higher.
But I digress.
Father's Day is hear once more and although my father passed away years ago, I would still like to thank all the guys out there doing their best to provide and enrich their families the best they can.
I don't have any children myself but several of my friends do...So keep up the goodwork.
Today was fun as I visited a gay pride festival and was pleasantly surprised to find lots of comic book references included in their parade.
I myself won a unbelievably awesome Fantastic Four teaser poster that goes very nicely with my other Marvel posters. ( To date I have both Spider-Man posters from the original which are the "Twin Towers" version and the regular version, all 4 of the Spider-Man 2 posters, the Incredible Hulk, Daredevil as well as other comic related like all 4 of the Star Wars Trilogy)
We will talk more about my posters and stuff in future blogs where I will tell you some stories about my movie theatre days.
But back to the parade. I saw there a totally funny spoof on the whole Batman and Robin as more than partners thing that I took as being real clean and cute. Not that I should say it, but I did laugh.
My fav part was when this guy dressed like Thor went running through the crowd flexing his fake muscles and acting all "God-Like". Again very clean and cute.
The last reference was this mini-poster of Darth Vader with the catch-phrase "Whose Your Daddy!" which was perfect for Father's Day.
I wanted to add that there were lots of families there having a great time, and that's how it should be. Because we are all on this crazy planet together and it's nice to see tolerance in play. I feel very strongly we all need to get along and teach the children this.
But as I stated in the beginning another Father's Day has come and gone and I miss my father, but for totally different reasons than you might think.
You see we never really got along and I didn't get a chance to ask him a couple of questions I would have liked answers to.
But sometimes the people in our lives that we think are our heroes really are just regular guys living regular lives.
So as I leave you for another day let me explain the title "Another One Bites the Dust".
This is in reference to all the years gone by without a father and how lucky you are if you still have yours around.
Because just like the singer of Queen Freddy Mercury, who sang the title song, they are gone way too soon.
So go over and give dad a kiss, tell him you love him and then at some point in your lives together ask him those burning questions that you might not be able to ask later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home