Tuesday, June 21, 2005

As I Remember.....

There's a serious catch 22 in the collecting world.
As a child growing up, the toys we play with are ingrained into our psyche.
We cherish them and adore these little golden gems.
Whether it be comics or action figures, cars or trains; we have their image firmly planted into our pleasure center.
Now the catch comes when we buy something and keep it mint inside its original container.
This keeps us from playing with said item and therefore it doesn't become a part of our lives.
But do we dare open that rare, one of a kind, hard to find treasure and if we do does it really take away from the value.
I mean it's still a rare, one of a kind, hard to find treasure, the only difference is it's not pristine inside its original container.
Now I sell many items on eBay, and I know for me, I want to be the first one to open that impossible gadget that I searched so hard to find in the first place.
And that's whatever little something I'm looking for at the time.
But the item I'm looking for is something I had as a child that I since have lost or was thrown away by my parents.
Now you can see the catch coming together.
It's a real bummer right.
Here you have this item that you wanted so badly, but you can't seem to bring yourself to open it and play with it.
Well I'm here to tell you it's ok, go ahead open it up and play with it.
Be a kid again if only for a moments time.
Now if only I can practice what I preach and open that rare, one of a kind, extremely hard to find Spider-Man # 1 I searched high and low for.....
Well maybe one day I'll break down. Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home