Thursday, February 02, 2006

Superboy becomes the Man of the house :(

It's taken me one full week to chat about the death of Jonathan Kent.
I really didn't see it coming!
Stupid as it sounds I thought it would be Chloe.
You see Chloe works for the Daily Planet and I thought that with her death, Lois (her cousin) and Clark (her close friend) would take up the mantle at the Planet after her death.
Or I thought it was gonna be Lionel Luther cause he knows too much and he was once taken control over by Jor-El Clark's biological father.
But alas it was first Lana that got her head smashed in and "saved" once again by a foolish and naive Clark that jumped the gun to save his love and then lost his Earth Father in the process.
I mean dam it he didn't even propose to her again and now Jonathan's death was for nothing.
I am so saddened by his death but it was sooooo oblivious it was gonna be him.
I mean in the original comics and in the movie Jonathan does die.
Of a heart attack too.
It was so right there in front of my face.
ARGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
It drives me crazy and this weeks ep was so sad.
Watching Clark freeze up and close himself off from the ones he loves was very powerful.
And this chick Vengeance was way too cheesy to care for.
Although I loved all the "Superman" set up and the whole "hey Clark do you think you could play the mild mannered reporter by day and the crime fighter by night".
Very nice line Chloe and Alfred.
A last thought... when Clark and his mom hug at the end and the tears fell from his eyes, well you just knew the tears were in mine too.
And that goodbye scene in the video tape of Jonathan. :(
Bye John you were the perfect father to a super boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home