Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Supernatural, LOST, Invasion and the Dukes of Hazzard?

A funny thing happened today.
I was channel surfing when I came across an old ep of Dukes of Hazzard.
On this particular ep the cousins Duke were helping out who they refer to as little cousin.
And I'll bet you a silver age comic you won't be able to tell me who little cousin was.
Well I'll be, if you guessed an alien who landed in Hazzard County then I owe you one Silver Age Comic!
It nearly blew my mind that the freaking Dukes of Hazzard had a freaking ep with an alien landing in their quaint little town.
Will wonder never cease.
Now onto Supernatural.
This show got progressively better from the first ep.
It seems to me that I'll have to keep an eye out on this one.
Very creepy with the Windingo thing, a creature who was once a man and who turned into this unstoppable beast when you eat enough human flesh.
Very nasty and very creepy.
That started my night.
So I was very ready to finally find out what was in that freaking hatch.
So I'm sitting in front on my boob tube thinking "Dam I wonder how far into the show we'll have to wait to see what's in the hatch, probably towards the end."
Well not if J.J. has anything to do with it, cause the very first thing you see is some guy preparing himself a snack, exercising, playing a Mama's and Papa's record and BAM!!!!
You see this very guy looking through a maze of mirrors into the opening of the freaking hatch.
DAM AND DAM AGAIN!!!!!!
Very smooth and very well played.
The rest of this ep was about the hatch and nothing else.
Except a certain doctor to be helping out our doctor years before turning out to be the very guy who is living on the very same island living inside the very same hatch.
DAM AND DAM AGAIN!!!!!
The best line I've heard in a loooooong time was uttered tonight when Kate tells Loche as he's lowering her into thehatch..."wait what should I say if I want you to stop..." which Loche replys..." Stop."
Very nicely played out Mr. Abrams.
A friend of mine made a very interesting comment that makes sense if you think about it.
He said that Invasion shouldn't follow Lost cause it's too much tension for such a long period of time.
And I tend to agree, cause I couldn't handle all the pressure.
You see my friend and I just lived through 2 hurricanes and watching a show based out of Florida and hearing real names like Homestead and Everglades National Park and Chrome Avenue well it hits very close; maybe too close.
But we both stuck through and found that Invasion is a terrific show very well played with excellent performances.
And the best part is it's produced by Shaun Cassidy who produced that freaking show years ago about the devil living in a town as the sheriff.
This guy has one wicked sense of horror.
I can't wait to see what happens next.
So I survived the night and now its off to bed.
Too bad I have noone to hold me and tell me it'll be alright.
Dam why do I torture myself.
Well maybe I'm training myself just in case Aliens did land in the wake of Katrina or Rita and It's my duty to find the truth.
Don't worry Mulder I know the truth is still out there.
I haven't forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home