Sunday, June 26, 2005

Right or Wrong: the Crisis of Conscience

This new JLA storyline "Crisis of Conscience" sounds very good.
On one hand, you have the Good Guys trying to save themselves from the Bad Guys by wiping their minds clean of all info about them and their personal life.
Then you have the Bad Guys mad as hell because they were violated.
This is gonna be a very compelling and often times confusing story to read.
Who is right and who is wrong.
I'll tell you this much, if I was a hero and they knew about my life, I would find it very difficult to forgive myself if anyone got hurt.
And lets think about my boy Spidey for a moment.
He had Norman Osborn kill his girlfriend Gwen Stacy because "He Knew" Spidey was Peter Parker.
Don't you think if he could have wiped Norman's mind of this info he would.
Especially if he knew the outcome.
But he didn't know the outcome and neither did all those Heroes that agreed with the violation.
You can't just say "OK guys these criminals know our personal info, lets erase all memories from their minds so we can live happy carefree days."
This is so compelling and it reminds me why Anakin was lured into the Dark Side by Sidious, because the Good Guys are just as corruptible as the Bad Guys.
Even more so because they pretend to be good while at least the bad ones let you know to your face.
So you tell me what you think is right or wrong about this particular Crisis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home