Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tag Your It

As I wrote in my very first blog, I wear one of those "LiveStrong" Lance Armstrong rubber bracelets in show of a man you can truly say is a "Superman".
Now it seems you can get the real thing.
Dana Reeve heads the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation and they have done a very smart thing.
To benefit this wonderful organization they are selling a "Dog Tag" set for $10.00 at this site:
www.christopherreeve.org
For a mere $10.00 you will get a key chain and dog tag with chain showing the "S" Superman logo along with the phrase "Go Forward".
This is such a Fantastic idea and I will be most honored to help out such a courageous man.
And not only that, you get a really cool collectible that will make all the fanboys say "AHH".
I remember sitting in a dark theatre waiting for the opening credits to roll on what I can only describe as a mind blowing, senses shattering fantasy come true.
When I walked out of Superman the Movie I truly believed a man could fly.
That's why with today's technology I know Brian Singer plans to make the same effort come true once more.
But I must admit, I'm very skeptical.
I just can't see how this new guy can fill Christopher's shoes.
Obviously he won't be able to, so it's a wise choice to stay as far away from that version as possible.
Anyway I will be very proud to own a pair of these truly unique symbols of Truth, Justice and the American Way.
As I proudly display them I will be hard pressed not to shout " Look up in the sky, its a bird, no its a plane, no its Superman" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home