Sunday, July 31, 2005

FireFly and Serenity

Joss Whedon is a master story teller.
In fact, he has me re-thinking my artist fan theory because I go out looking for his comics.
I can't believe I never heard of this series and that it was taken off the air.
FireFly is the story of a ship full of rejects led by a wounded soldier.
You see way back when the captain was in the Armed Forces he believed in what his country stood for.
That was until they left him to die on the field; right after he told his men not to worry reinforcements were on the way.
Well suffice to say things didn't quite turn out the way the captain wanted, and hence forth the crew of serenity were born.
And that crew is: Malcom “Mal” Reynolds - The Captain (Nathan Fillion),Zoe - The Soldier (Gina Torres),Wash - The Pilot (Alan Tudyk),Kaylee - The Mechanic (Jewel Staite),Inara - The Ambassador (Morena Baccarin),Jayne - The Mercenary (Adam Baldwin),Simon Tam - The Doctor (Sean Maher),River Tam - The Fugitive (Summer Glau),Book - The Shepard - (Ron Glass) and the ship itself Serenity.
I have just seen the first 2 episodes which comprise the series pilot so I don't have the complete story, but for what I've seen, it's really a different and unique show.
Its set in the future but it's like a western with horses and cowfolk and such.
But everything is very futuristic and it really blends togethesuperblyly.
So as I see more episodes I will be able to more define my interests in this program, but for now I'm hooked.
Joss you are truly an enigma and even though I'm an artist fan I will buy anything you are in.
Keep up the great work anI'llll keep shelling out the dough.
61 days and counting......tick tock tick tock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home