Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Marvel Masterpieces

There was a set of cards that came out in 1992 called Marvel Masterpieces.
They were printed from original hand painted art by Joe Jusko.
Well I have been going through my closet lately and coming across a whole barrel full of stuff, most of it garbage, but some of it total gems.
Of everything I own, these cards are by far the best looking collectibles I have.
Of all my items that I claim these are the ones I'm most proud of.
Its impossible to explain how well crafted and exquisite these cards were made.
The images are alive and vibrant, bursting with power and control of hand that very few artists can create.
Joe Justo has done his share of fantasy images but this has got to be hands down his best work.
Well done Joe, you did marvel proud.
I wonder if he ever did DC characters?
I'll have to look in on that.
Well if you get a chance to own a set of these babies, don't hold back.
You will totally love yourself for the investment spent.
Enjoy everything you do and never buy anything that you won't want to get stuck with.
That's the best advice anyone can give you when it comes to collecting.
As I say goodbye for another night ,I think back to when I first bought these guys and I wonder if I knew that they would be in a box for years, only to be cherished now rather than back then.
Who can see the future.
Not I.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home