Monday, August 01, 2005

What I Like About Dragons

There is something magical about fantasy.
When I was a kid, I remember dreaming I was a mighty wizard and I had this silly stick I would use to cast spells and I just remember having the time of my life.
I recently started going through all my collectibles to start selling off a portion and I ran across some fantasy cards.
They were from Boris Vallejo and Greg Hildebrandt and Frank Frazetta and Ken Kelly and let me tell you What a rush of memories came flooding my way.
I would tell anyone to stop with your busy day and take a moment to go through your old stuff.
Just a moment won't hurt.
Think back to when you were ready to take on the world and nothing would stand in your way.
Well now you have some sort of idea what I feel like now.
These awesome images are so cool.
But the one creature that brings it all together is the Dragon!
For as long as I can remember, people have always been fascinated with these fire breathing animals.
The mystery of this savage beast can date back all the way to the bible times when the unicorn and dragon decided not to take that trip on the Ark.
Since then people have wondered what these creatures were like.
So many artists have dreamed up many different looks and feels for these guys.
And when your imagination is the only thing holding you back, well you can only guess what great creations have been spawned.
And speaking of "Spawn", Todd McFarlane has come up with an amazing collection of dragons that simply blow your mind away.
Stop by your local comic shop and check them out.
The Fire Clan Dragon is my fav.
So next time your cleaning out your closet, take a moment to cherish all the little things that brought joy to your life.
Your thank me for it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home