Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Force was Strong in This One


After many choices for a Halloween costume, One stood very strong from the very start.
I could have chosen one of the many characters from Lord of the Rings which I love and would be very proud to imitate.
Or any of the Marvel or DC characters and there were many to choose from.
No right from the start there was only one costume I wanted to be wear....
The Jedi Knight!
And not just any Jedi but the one closely resembling Obi Wan with a bit of Mace Windu thrown in.
So my job now was to find the costume.
I started off looking at the local costume shop.
Of the many me and my friend went to only 1 had the Jedi outfit.
Darth Vader no problem. There were tons of him.
But Jedi Knight...nah!
Now when I did find the costume I took it out and glanced it over.
This costume was the official one from Star Wars and it sucked.
This was the cheesest looking costume I had ever seen.
Well maybe not the cheesist but close!
So they wanted 60 bucks for this thing.
Fergitaboutit.
No now my goal was to find all the pieces and make my own!
So I started off with the easiest piece.
The Official Jedi Robe which was alot better looking then the costume.
But not the standard one but the deluxe.
Well worth the extra 20 dollars.
I had these really cool looking pants so that was taken care of so my mission involved the shirt.
What I was looking for was the shirt that had long sleeves no buttons and sometimes you could tie the front together.
Also it usually came in Linen or a light cotton.
My friend called it a buccaneer shirt or pirate shirt but I didn't know the name .
Well I started my search in Macy's but they said it was out of season and would be in stock in a few weeks.
No good cause the Halloween party was just 2 short weeks away.
Then I searched at Marshalls, T J Maxx, Ross, Bloomingdales, Guess, J C Pennys, Norstroms, Express, Saks 5th Avenue and then I just about lost it when I saw it in a ladies store.
But it was cut for a lady and it was 50 bucks.
I almost bought it but someone from Saks said try the store next to them Zara.
So what the heck I went everywhere else, Why not.
Right as I walked in BAM!!! there it was.
A tear almost came to my eye.
After that I bought a belt at Fossil and boots at DSW and My Jedi Costume was complete.
After all that though I checked my wallet and I lost not 1 but 2 credit cards!
What a week it was.

I am including a picture so you can see the finished product.

and yes I am the 40 year old virgin :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Naked Boy said...

OMG, your first pic, I am very impressed. But concerned that you chose your own selfish image in some freaky outfit as your first pic. :)

7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home